Sunday, March 18, 2007

3/18 - WOW! Are We Really Parents?

The flights home were uneventful. I stayed overnight in London last night so I had a good night's sleep before heading the rest of the way. Thankfully, I can't remember even one embarrassing incident. I guess I made my quota on the way there. LOL!

It is such a relief to be home! It hasn't really hit me that I went to Latvia and back over the weekend. I felt like I was just a few hours away because I had my phone and was able to call Robert whenever I needed to.

The reality of things is gradually starting to sink in for Robert and me. It's still hard to believe we're officially Christina's parents now. After the twenty day (business days) waiting period is up, it will take a couple more weeks for our attorney to gather the necessary documents we'll need and have them translated for the immigration process. I expect to be going back to Latvia at the end of April to bring Christina back.

This next trip will be a little more challenging as we'll have to return through Warsaw so that Christina can have her immigration interview at the U.S. Embassy there. I'm up for the challenge and have recruited a friend to go with me for moral support. Hopefully, there will be no problems.

Will keep you posted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't tell you how happy we are for you. I have known you all for several years now and can only imagine the joy you must feel. You all will make great parents, I know it. Our love goes out to you and your new addition Christina.
Please let us know when in April her birthday is so that we can make her as much a part of our family as you are.
God bless you all.
Love ya and Miss ya!
The Alt's
Michael, Bernadette, Brenadan(6) and Ethan(4)

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathleen,
My husband and I are on this adoption journey as you are. We are also adopting from Latvia; in fact it sounds like you are just a few weeks ahead of us. We just returned from our first two week visit with our children and are awaiting our second court date. I would love to talk sometime...Melody Scott, FL
melody@cheekandscott.com.