After church, I took the kids shopping again. We are going hiking tomorrow at Amicalola Falls with the children's chaperone and her husband so we had to find Kristine some decent shoes. If she had her way, she'd wear her little sandals. We found a cute pair of white and pink tennis shoes that will do just fine. Thankfully, I was able to get the point across that we're going hiking tomorrow.
Our communication with the kids is pretty funny. It actually reminds me of the days when I watched Tarzan or The Lone Ranger on TV as a kid (remember "me Tarzan, you Jane" and Tonto "no speak'em English"...LOL!). We talk to the kids in broken sentences..."you like chicken?"..."you have fun?"..."you want to go to pool?"..."me go upstairs, you stay here for minute"..."you no do that". HA!! We have to watch ourselves because we've started talking that way in public. I actually told the clerk at Eckerd's today..."we be back" (we've been there a few times already picking up and dropping off film to be developed) and asked the guy at the shoe store..."you no have kid's socks?" Come to think of it, maybe it's more like caveman babble we're doing. Whatever!! We get our points across and it works for us.
While we were out looking for shoes, we picked up some more food items. These kids can put away some cereal!! Once again, we hit the cereal aisle and they picked out some new Kellogg's (remember, all cereal is Kellogg's). Then we went through the fruit section and I gave them each a plastic bag so they could pick out the fruit they liked. Olegs picked some peaches and Kristine's choice was plums. This was in the Super Target so we also let them each pick one toy. Kristine found a cute Barbie doll after trying to convince me to let her get a scantily clad Bratz doll (that doll had two of the tiniest strips of strategically placed fabric that it might as well have been naked!!). Anyway, I sent her back to look again and she came back with a pretty Barbie in a full length evening gown so we got that one (much better!). Olegs found a semi truck that he liked.
Tonight, Kristine and I baked cookies so we can give some to her chaperone tomorrow as a gift. We're looking forward to another fun filled day tomorrow.
1 comment:
Kathleen - I couldn't stop laughing. Your writing is hilarious. The children are
so cute.
Post a Comment