Monday, April 10, 2006

4/10 - Our Journey Begins

Welcome to our "blog"....(is it me, or is that a really strange word?) Anyway, we've created this site so that we can share our adoption journey and keep everyone informed of the latest news and perhaps help those of you considering adoption yourselves. We have no idea how long this journey will take, what twists and turns are ahead, but we're excited nevertheless. One thing we've learned overwhelmingly up to this point is that patience is key and our faith will guide us each step of the way.

Our journey will officially begin this summer when we host two 10-year old orphans (Olegs and Kristine) from Latvia. Unfortunately, we can't post their pictures here because posting them on the web is illegal and could jeopardize the hosting program. Just trust us when we say they are adorable. We hope to be the right forever family for these children but understand that everything is in God's hands. We're trusting that what is meant to be will happen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kathleen looks great, but is that her Dad with her (Ohhhhh!) just joking brother, you guys look great. I am so glad that you guys are taking these steps. From my stand point, I would say that all this prelim. stuff is unnecessary, because of what I know about you all and how much I love you guys. Over the years, we have kept in touch and I'm glad, I want my kids to grow up knowing you and your kids. Congratulations! And our prayers are with you every step of the way.
Michael, Bernadette, Brendan and Ethan. The Alt's